When it comes to cleaning the house, most people pay special attention to areas and places that they use every day, but very often unintentionally they don’t clean some specific areas. That is huge mistake as dirt and impurities build up slowly over time.
In today’s article we are going to write about 18 areas in your house and some creative ways to clean them!
1) Bathroom grouting: Take bleach and a toothbrush for grouting in your bathroom, in which mold or mildew can build up. Utilize non-scented and non-colored candle wax in order to seal it for prevention, simply by rubbing the candle on the grout to finish!
2) Window tracks and interior sills: Combination of vinegar, baking soda and dish soap should do the trick! Simply rub and after that don’t forget to open the windows as that there isn’t a large amount of debris that can get through your screen via cracks or tears!
3) Window blinds: most people simply ignore the windows for some period of time, and most of you would agree that window blinds certainly look such as cumbersome task. Take microfiber cloth, dish soap and warm water and you can wipe down and allay the dust trap!
4) Shower curtain: take the shower curtain and submerse it in a salt water bath. Namely, this is natural way to kill mildew and other shower-related microbes due to the fact they prefer to grow in the fresh water environment and the salt will drie them out!
5) Toaster: in order to clean up the toaster you will need nail polish remover and cream of tartar.
6) Cast-Iron skillet: simply cover the skillet in salt and rub it all in with half a potato and finally rinse it!
7) Mattress: First step is to vacuum the surface. Next step is to sift baking soda all over the mattress and leave to sit about half an hour and then vacuum up again. In order to clean the stains utilize mix of salt, baking soda and water and leave it sit about half an hour, scrub and finally vacuum once again. You can add 1 – 2 drops of essential oil for freshness for the mattress!
8) Laptop: Take microfiber towels, compressed air, rubbing alcohol, distilled water and mild dish soap. Thanks to these tools you can clean your laptop. You should be very careful while you are cleaning your laptop!
9) Odd-shaped glasses and bottles: you will need 2 sponges with magnets attached to them! Although your hand won’t fit in the vase or bottle the sponge actually can! So, as you drag the sponges along they will attract one another and you are going to wipe the vessel out as well!
10) Make-up brushes: Gently push “smush” into olive oil and thus exfoliate the fibers!
11) Hairbrushes: First remove the hair and after that with baking soda and shampoo clean them at least once month!
12) Iron: Mixture of vinegar and salt will keep your iron clean!
13) Ceiling fan: it is advisable to use pillow case as a creative way to clean all sides of a ceiling fan blade! All you need to do is to put your cleaner of choice into the inside of the bag and then put around the blade!
14) Dog toys: Even though most of the toys are machine-washable, those who are not, soak in a tub of warm water and vinegar!
15) Car seating: Combine equal parts club soda, baking soda and vinegar and scrub! After that, rinse with a steam cleaner or shop vac!
16) Baseball caps: Put the caps in the dishwasher with Borax! Important note: Borax is not the same product as Boric acid which is toxic.
17) Mirrors: combine microfiber cloth, cotton pads, rubbing alcohol, vinegar and water! On that way you will get original reflective surface to your mirrors!
18) Refrigerator coils: thoroughly vacuum up the dust and debris and your fridge!